Arthas or Jim Raynor?How to play Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty offline
This is a small guide on how to play Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty offline, an amazing game developed by Blizzard. I have seen some people having troubles to playing Starcraft II without login into Battlenet. There are two ways, legally or install extra 3rd party program. Let's take a look.
What you need
Before proceed, you are required to have:
- A retail copy of Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty with authentication key or digital download from Blizzard. (Please, no piracy)
- Battlenet account (register here if you don't have one.)
Skip this step if you have already installed Starcraft II.
- Install your Starcraft II, you are required to connect to the internet before the installation else the installer will not starts and error message may show up.
- You may prompted to register battlenet and activate game using the account, register here if you don't have one.
- Installation takes about 30 minutes or more, be patient.
- Auto patcher will pop up after the installation, it will connect to the internet and download all latest Starcraft II patches.
- Once it is done, you're ready to go for the next step!
(a) How to play Starcraft II offline (Legally)
Now we will need to authorize game client first before it can be played offline.
- To do that, simply enter the game and login with your battlenet account. Follow on-screen instruction to create a game account (if you don't have one).
- Once you entered Welcome Page, hit 'menu' and click on 'logout' to return Starcraft II login menu.
- Click on 'Play as Guest' (located at left side of the screen) and you're now able to play Starcraft II offline including campaign and v.s AI mode.
(b) Another way to play Starcraft II offline
Follow this steps if you don't want to connect to battlenet to authorize game client around.
- You will need SC2Allin1 legit Starcraft II launcher to launch the game in offline mode, click here to download.
- Follow the installation guide on the website and be sure check out technical support if you have any problem with the installation.
- The launcher will not able to run for certain people, this is probably caused by .net framework problem or install without running as administrator (Windows Vista & 7). Please check technical support section for solution.
That's all and now you are able to play your favorite Starcraft II offline, hope it helps.
Guide by Evo
Last Update: 17 August 2010
Credit to Vernam7 for Starcraft II Launcher tool.